Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 1996 15:32:41 EST
Well, I guess the question about feeding the little girls mince meat must
have just been plain stupid as no-one answered.  I was just concerned as
there was nothing in the FAQ that I could find.  Ferrets are a fairly
unusual pet in Australia, a lot of people keep them for hunting but hunting
animals are generally not kept with such care as those who are just kept as
pets.  So the internet FAQ and this mailing list have been invaluable
sources of information, both for us and our vet, and I hope it will continue
to be so.

BTW, Paw Paw - the FML is the only place I ever refer to my man as my SO.
Elsewhere he is the love of my life, my beloved, my husband and all sorts of
other things...I just call him my SO here because I thought people might get
all the names mixed up and start wondering why I never give Jarrod any
raisins!  People use all sorts of names for the people they love, and have
all sorts of reasons.  Anyway, you're right, this isn't the right forum for
that kind of discussion.

Well, Sinbad goes back to the vet tonight to have her stitches out, she's
really picked up and has been playing up a storm with Millie for the last
few days, so we're relieved that the operation went OK.  We'll be really
glad once the stitches are out so we can give her a bath - she got really
stinky, what with the stress of the vet, then the sore tummy after the
operation, and spending a few days curled up sleeping in her smelly old
rags!

Monique - I hope you find Erik soon, but don't give up - I'm sure you've
read the story about the little ferret Nip who was found after 11 days!
(Eva - I'm so happy for you that Nip is safe and sound!  - but so sorry
about Spike - at least you made Spike's last few days full of love and
attention - that's all anyone could do) Try a squeaky toy around the house,
and outside if you think that's where Erik might have gone.  Good luck.

That's all from me today, just thought I'd give you an update on Sinbad.
Take care all -

Sophie and the feral twosome.
Sinbad:  i'm a TOUGH ferret - LOOK at my SCAR!!!
Millie:  MummyhowcomeSHEgetsaSCAR!! IwannascarTOO!!