From:
Melissa McDaniels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 10:40:12 -0800
Hey guys, it's been crazy here.  Had a rough couple of months so I've
missed out on a lot I'm sure.  This week has been no exception.  One of
the cats has to go to the vet for a shot for his dermatitis (right now he
is one crusty cat!  Poor thing!) and the oldest ferret, Kiki is going to
see the vet asap.  She's lost a lot of weight this week and I fear the
worst (she is a 5 and a half now... The vet told me at her last yearly to
be expecting her health to deteriorate soon.) She's my baby though so I
was hoping that she'd prove the vet wrong.  I've tried ferretvite and
food suppliments.  (If anyone in Indiana can make up some duck soup I
would be more than happy to purchase some from you!!!  Email me) I have
a hard time handling any kind of meat- it makes me physically ill.  So
until I can get ahold of some real duck soup I've been mixing ferretvite
with crushed food, chicken and gravy baby food and some soft (eukanuba I
think) kitten food... She'll eat it off a syringe and her appetite seems
to be normal.  I get the feeling I already know what's the vet is going
to say...

Minky Boodle is doing well, Zingor, the baby is FAT!  Good lord I wish
she'd give some of her love handles to poor Kiki.  They look so funny
next to eachother!  Zingor isn't even a year old yet and she weighs more
than my two 5 year olds put together!  Allie is doing well- drives me
nuts a lot.  She never sleeps I swear- or at least not at night when I
want her to!  Theres nothing like waking up five or six times a night to
a ferret attacking your toes!  I think he gets lonely at night since the
others sleep.  (and since her humans try to sleep!)

I met a few other ferret owners in an online class I've been taking.
One of them lives in Panama City Florida and is wondering about shelters
close to there.  I told him I would check here and email him the addy to
subscribe to the FML.  (I'm guessing it's the
[log in to unmask] addy???) [Yes, that's fine.  BIG]  A lot
more has been going on here, but It would take me days to explain it
all... Hopefully things are going to settle down for a while.  I miss
normality!