From:
"Lange, Sandra SJ" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 11:16:55 +1000
ppalsha wrote:
>A young lady
*aww, shucks,  :)*

>posted something about her ferret escaping through the window....and
>about her ferrets coming to a whistle....I think that is so cool that
>they come to the whistle!  How did you get them to get trained with a
>whistle?  I would love to know?!

Whenever I give a treat of Nutrigel or ferretone, I whistle a little two
note tune.  Hopefully they associate that sound with the treat.  It seems
to work - unless they are asleep.  I see Clover stop dead in her tracks
when she hears it.  Admittedly, a squeaky mouse is more reliable with
Princess.

I use my lips to whistle, not a plastic whistle, because I know that I
will always have it with me!

Sandra, Clover, Princess-recovering well, Oscar, and Gemma-the-cat