From:
Lorraine Tremblay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 1996 18:05:57 -0500
The city wants to close the shelter in its current location (a house in a
residential area) but would allow its operation in an agricultural area of
the town.

Mrs.  Degand, Director of the ferret shelter FURET MON AMI told me that she
is writing to the City of Carignan to be allowed at least to keep her own
ferrets.  This shelter also fosters birds and chinchillas.  She received in
late November a letter of the City requesting the closure of the shelter by
December 30.  I think a month to relocate a shelter is not enough.  I hope
the city will reverse its decision.

Mrs. Degand got TV coverage last week end.  She is consulting other animal
shelters (not ferret shelters: she is the only one in the province of
Quebec, Canada) to get some advice.

Should you wish to write a note of support that will be sent to the Mayor of
the city of Carignan: you can e-mail me a message that I will fax to Mrs.
Degand. It enables her to know what other ferret owners wrote to the town
and she will bring or fax the messages to the town hall.

I forward her the messages I got from 12 ferret owners. At least 2 other
owners sent a fax directly to the town. THANK YOU to all that took the time
to write.

Lorraine Tremblay, Pepe La Pew, Mukluk, Sanka, Presto, Snoreau and Boum Boum
Ferret Curiosity Shop
"Quality Products for ferret owners and their pets"
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
toll free: 1-888-FCShop6 (1-888-327-4676)