From:
Karen Daigneault <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 18:16:23 -0700
a million and one responses to THIS!  oo

>What is it about ferrets that attracts people to keeping them and what
>makes them such great pets?

Everyone will have their own opinions on this of course, - I can only give
you some of my many reasons:

Ferrets are "high on life".  And they show it repeatedly day in and day out.
They love to play, they love to explore.  They are extremely curious about
EVERYTHING, and most times, 10 out of 1 it is the *little* things that make
them happy.  They are very, very expressive.  When they are *happy* which is
MOST of the time, it shows in EVERY movement of their bodies!  On top of ALL
this, they are very affectionate, where I am owned by 6 of them, whereever I
am in the house they ALL must be.  They do not hesitate to climb in my lap,
or to come up and *touch* my leg if they want something.  Morrow, my first
fuzzie oftentimes will ride my shoulder while I do laundry, clean dishes, or
just whatever.  They are extremely intelligent, they learn very quickly and
know the difference between "what's a no and what they can get away with".

>However, are they destructive,

Only if you let them be - just as in any animal or child.

>do they smell still if they're neutered, do

only if you don't keep their bedding clean -

>you have to keep your eye on them all the time

no, but it's a good idea to know what they're up to at times :)

>and do they suffer from health problems?

no more then the rest of us.....

Karen - the 'hooman
Amanda- the 'little hooman
Morrow- The Wardancing Queen!
Bubba- "I am the ultimate carpetshark, so therefore I am"
Tabitha - The prom prissy queen
Samantha - The Typist
Daisy - "mommy, MOMMMY, MOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!"
Hopps - my big lil' teddy bear!
and, Sweetpea, Snipper, Bandit, Clarice and the 8 lil'pigs whos owned by
my daughter but we KNOW who takes care of them!