Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 1994 11:24:32 -0500
Pamela Greene (in the FAQ) writes (about ear cleaning):
> dampen a cotton swab with hydrogen peroxide and gently clean them.

I'd originally heard that h.p. was the best thing to use, too, but more
recently sweet oil was recommended to me -- its basically a super pure form of
olive oil, and is generally recommended for cleaning the ears of (human)
babies.  A tiny little bottle costs several bucks, but you don't use much of
it.  While it doesn't require a prescription, the pharmacies around here keep
it behind the counter, so you have to ask for it.  It doesn't sting, and the
oil can help flush out wax and mites, I guess...

-Rochelle