From:
Scott&Jessica Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 22:36:10 EDT
Hi,
I am new to the list.  I wanted to share my ferret experiance.  We have
just moved into a new home that we bought in Leeds Maine.  Its in the
country and on 1.5 acres.  Well, today my fiance and I where outside doing
some yard work.  So I decided to leash up Pepper, my Silver Mit, and take
her outside with us.  Well we fastened the leash.  We ended up out back
doing some serious yard cleaning and tearing down a fence.  Well, I was
taking up the fence wire to the pile of trash when I discovered that the
leash appeared to be dangling.  I race over thinking Pepper had hung
herself.  I see the harness is empty and Pepper is no where to be found.
We begin looking for her.  We live on a major highway and lots of traffic.
So we are terrified she has mangaged to cross this road.  Thank God we
found her investicating the gargabe pile.  She thought is was tunnel
material.  I am glad to say that she is home and her cage where she is
sound asleep.  Thank God.  Next time I will watch her a bit more carefully
since she is a little sneak weasel.

Jessica & Scott owners of Pepper and Bandit