From:
Katie Maruska <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 08:16:53 -0500
I don't post that often and I have finally caught up on all of last weeks
issues!  But I read one where someone mentioned to try giving the plastic
Easter eggs to the ferrets to play with.  We've tried it and they loved it,
BUT they like to chew on them and break the plastic.  I have thrown away
a lot of shredded plastic eggs.  I try to make sure that I get them right
away when I first hear that "Crack! Crunch!" sound coming from under the
chair but the first bite is enough to let them get a little piece off.
I'm afraid they'll swallow it!  So, we have taken away the "Egg Box" :(
I just wanted to warn everyone of our experience.  Luckily we didn't have
any injuries! :)

I have a question about bedding now that its getting warmer out...can I
leave the fleece hammocks in the cage or should I invest in some litter
weight ones?  We have the ones with the vinyl on the outside and the
fleece on the inside..will these make them too warm?

Thanks! :)
Katie