Date:
Thu, 7 Jul 2005 19:26:11 -0700
For those of you out there who check your furkids' blood sugar levels at
home with human blood glucose testers, I'd like to hear which type/brand
of these testers you would recommend and/or NOT recommend.

I have a tester at home (can't remember the brand off hand right now) and
it's great to use b/c it's very basic and easy to operate and read but it
requires too large of a blood sample to really work when using it for the
ferrets.

I'm going to have to be checking my Phoebe's BG levels on a weekly basis
(if not more frequently at times) and this is just too expensive to do
every time at a vet's office.  I'm very comfortable doing it myself, at
home, but just need a good, relatively inexpensive tester.  (I see that
most testers are inexpensive but it's the testing STRIPS that are
costly!)

So any recommendations you could please provide would be greatly
appreciated!  THANKS!

(Feel free to post directly to me and/or publicly on the FML but I'm more
likely to get info. sent directly to me)

Jennifer and the 3 Amigos :-)