From:
Beth Kerr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 21:29:01 -0700
Peter,
I got a Quality cage in September, and I love it.  There are lots of
doors for easy access.  You can get wheels for it, and the bottom tray
pulls out for easy access for cleaning.  I use carpet bathmats to line
my cage, which come out for easy washing.  It's an awesome home for my
ferrets when they need to be in there, and I would definately suggest it.

 *******
I have six ferrets.  Five of them came from Petco.  I am not a bad
person, and I do not regret the purchase of any of my ferrets.  My first
and second came from a time when I was not aware of the existance of
shelters.  My third was an older guy who had been to three different
stores trying to be sold.  No one else wanted him...I did.  My fourth
was a gift, bought from Petco.  My fifth was given to me by a couple who
could no longer care for her-it was a huge sacrifice for them.  My sixth
is deaf, and was a horrible biter, also from petco.  And my seventh,
well, he bit a girl and her mom wanted to have him put to sleep.  I took
him before that could happen.  He's from Petco also.  For everyone who
has such an issue with people buying ferrets in a store: many, if not
most, of the ferrets at shelters came from pet stores.  Therefore, every
ferret that any of us have purchased had the potential of ending up in a
shelter, or just ending up dead.  So, get off your high horse and stop
trying to make any of us feel guilty for our ferrets.  We love ours as
much as you do.  I will not debate with anyone on list, but would
continue the discussion thru email.  [log in to unmask]

Beth and the Gang
Maybe,Alciabides,CT,Lucifer,Jett and Spike
 ...and The Dude, who crossed over the Rainbow on 12/31/01
"Not to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop
there is not enough.  We have a higher mission - to be of service to them
wherever they require it." -- St.  Francis of Assisi

Race to Save the Primates - every click provides food!
http://www.care2.com/go/z/primates