From:
Isabelle Doiron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 10:22:38 -0400
Kat Neumeyer:
>Mine are fat and well fed too, and they hide food like it's going out of
>style.  I think that it's probably one of their hidden "wild" instincts.
>In the wild they would have to hide food from other ferrets and scavengers.

Mine like to hide the food between the fitted sheet and the mattress, so
it's a pain in the butt to get it out of there.

Cute bath story:
The other day I gave Oscar and Miko their monthly bath.  I bathed Miko
first and towelled her for a few seconds, and let her run in the bathroom
while I bathed Oscar.  I had Oscar in the tub and Miko was doing her freak
out thing, she climbed on the toilet and over onto my back, up onto my
shoulder and stared at Oscar in the tub.  They started to dook at each
other, it was almost like they were talking to each other.  I had to laugh.

Mary and Modern Ferret magazine:
I had to say something about this, I work for a publications company.  I
tried to keep out of it.

Re: Your pictures: If you want to use your own photos, that's your
perogative.  If you don't have enough photos sent in by subscribers, you
have to fill in the space somehow.

Re: Your articles: All magazines have "house writers" the articles are
usually witten by the same people month after month, so long as the
articles are accurate, and well written no one should have any problems
with it.

Re: Publication Dates: The person "complained" about the March issue not
being mailed out until 2/18/99.  Technically a March issue does not have to
be delivered until the first week of March.  Most publications firms send
them out before the first, but they don't have to.

Re: Freak out by original complainant: I'm not flaming you, just stating my
2 cents worth.  No one told you that you had to keep your mouth shut.
Everyone is entitled to their opinions.  The thing with posting to a list
like this is that if people agree they will let you know, and if they don't
they're going to let you know that too.  The simple fact of the matter is
that the other publications are not doing what is best for the ferret
owners, they sometimes publish incorrect information; and when "caught"
don't print a retraction.  They publish California ferret owners names and
addresses (even when specifically asked not to) and when asked about it
they don't care.

I personally like Modern Ferret.  I don't subscribe at the moment, but a
friend of mine does.  (I live in Canada and exchange rates are really bad
at the moment)