From:
Don & Janice Boyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jul 1998 15:31:33 -0500
"To know that even one life breathed easier because you have lived, This is
to have succeeded." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thank you shelter lady, thank you shelter man
for being there for little hearts,
for doing all you can-

Little hearts beat faster
when you come into a room
Little eyes grow wider taking you all in
"Will you pick me up and softly speak my name,
Gently stroke my head and say
how very special you think I am?"
Soft beds, hammocks, good food
and clean water a plenty,
freedom to dance and play, to have fun
and to just act funny!
Their little hearts safely rest
against your loving, caring chest
They belong to you---they know
and you belong to them.
Shelter lady, shelter man
The need's so great across this land
Your numbers are so precious few
God bless you each and every one
for every thing you do.
When and where you find a chance,
You're reaching out to stop the pain
Non-profit is your status
You seek no financial gain
Thank you shelter lady, thank you shelter man
For being there for little hearts
For doing all you can.

Almost everyone of us have not a clue as to what shelter people do every
day of the year, year in and year out.  They are incredible people who are
diven by a deep compassion for helpless, innocent little hearts who have
been abused, thrown away, rescued from auctions, breeders, animal pounds or
cannot stay at their previous home.  They find ferrets in such abhorrant
condition and circumstances that you and I would have trouble dealing with.
They dig down deeper into their amazing souls and do everything they can
and then ready themselves for the next little heart that needs help and a
real home.  They have jobs, careers, families and other responsibilities
just like you and I do yet they spend hours and hours caring for the
growing numbers of little hearts.  The continual feeding, watering,
cleaning and personal ferret care and grooming,and medicating and
supplementing, taking to the vet and so on is a 365 day a year thing to do.
They dig down deeper into their pockets as well.  Food, supplies and
medical care for several ferrets is very, very costly.  You and I may have
thought that caring for one or two or so ferrets is very expensive.  Just
imagine trying to do the best for many, many ferrets.  Many of them simply
cannot afford what they are doing, but they do it because of the little
hearts.  Skilled veterinarian/surgeons are doing some wonderful things to
help little hearts.  Life saving and extending surgeries can be expensive.
The little ferret in a shelter is just as precious, sweet, innocent and
deserving as the little heart in your life and mine.  When you look into
the eyes of your little heart today, perhaps you will see the eyes of
thousands, millions of abused, thrown-away, and rescued little hearts who
desperately need help.  Until the insanity across this land is stopped, and
ferrets are no longer over-populated and people are fully educated,couldn't
you give a helping hand to one of these amazing, loving, caring shelter
people?  Do it today, right now.  It will make you feel good.  The little
hearts would thank you if they could.