From:
"Teri \"Kikidiki\" Melton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 14:02:50 -0700
I have come to the conclusion that my ferrets deserve a much better
life then I can give them.  It wasn't always like this.  They have their
own bedroom where I would rearrange the furniture every month so they
wouldn't get bored.  They would get out twice a day for at least an hour
each.  Loved to go outside and chase the dogs.  We would go to Portland
every year for the OFA s ferret fair.  Life was great for all.

Now it's been over a month since they got out of their room.  The only
human interaction they get is chasing my feet as I walk in and out giving
them food and water.  They are so bored they sleep most of the time.
This is outright abuse.

I could explain why this happen but it doesn t matter.  No matter what my
excuse, you either think I m horrible and just want to flame me, or you
just want to help these poor ferrets get the love they deserve.

1) Kodo 2 = yr old female chocolate sable.  Very mellow, gets along well
with other ferrets, but may get picked on by more aggressive ferrets.

2) Chunky 3 = yr old female sable.  Likes to ride on your shoulder.  Gets
along well with other ferrets, but is used to being the alpha.  May pick
on more timid ferrets.

3) Annie 2 = yr old female sable.  Was a bad biter when adopted 2 yrs
ago.  Still bites occasionally.  Needs experienced owner with no young
children.

4) Bibi 4 yr old female wannabe panda/blaze.  The most loveable ferret
ever.  Craves attention.  Would rather be with people than other ferrets.

5) Socks 4-5 yr old (?) male.  Has insulinoma.  Had left adrenal removed
last year.  Vet found insulinoma on his pancreas and removed it.  Has
been doing ok, but pretty skinny.  He is also not boxed trained.

Pictures can be seen at www.ferretcam.net
I can be reached at [log in to unmask]