From:
Vicki Rummel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 22:40:57 -0500
The hearing was today!!!

Ingrid (PAWS Secretary) and I got there early and went to Del.Redmer's
office to drop off the latest letters and signatures.  The hearing was
scheduled at 1:00 but started late.  Only 7 bills were heard so it seemed
like HB 975 got the attention that it deserved.  Marshall Farms sent a
representative to oppose it but his argument seemed to revolve solely
around profits.

We discovered that one of the sponsors, Joe Boteler, is also a ferret
owner (how cool is that!).  I also want to thank Sherri James for
supporting us while she was there for her drunk driving bill.

They should vote in the near future and we will post that as soon as we
know.

If it passes the House vote, it's not over yet.  The next vote will be in
the Senate.

Keep your fingers crossed.
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!!!!

Vicki Rummel