Date:
Sat, 9 Mar 1996 04:48:55 -0700
FDI, I must say, the analytical ability of your supercomputer is indeed
alarmingly amazing.  I am, in fact, male.  But beware, wide-angle security
cameras and booby traps have been emplaced by my enterprising fuzzy friends.

On the question of my friends' smell.  They are nuetered and descented.  I
have never been around any other kind of ferret and so I do not know what
they smell like.  Regardless, the Dynamic Duo do have a distinct musky
smell.  It is not pervasive in the room, but handling them does leave their
scent on me.  It's not that pleasant.  I bathe them weekly, but it does not
seem to help too much.  They are just little stinkers.  I'm sure I would
stink if I only bathed once a week too...  as a matter of fact, I HAVE gone
for days without bathing -- during exam week.  During exam week, I really do
not care what I smell or look like, I'm just in the daze of brain overload.
Even if they do smell, I love my buddies and wouldn't want to be without
them.

Many girls just plain love cuty, cuddly animals and they are so fascinated
by my pals that they either do not notice the smell or do not care.  I must
say, I am not sure if the girls are using my pals as an excuse to talk to me
or if they are just interested in just the ferrets.  Yes, indeed, my charm
and striking good looks cover up any fert smell ;)

DRY SHAMPOO: My college peer, I have not heard of dry shampoo for ferrets,
but I have used dry shampoo for dogs (it might be safe for ferrets, I
haven't read the label).  I have two dalmations and they are stinkers too.
The dry shampoo works wonderfully on them.  It not only completely
eliminates odors, it actually cleans their coats -- it makes them black and
white again instead of chocolate and black.  My canine friends are at home
with mom and dad (I tried keeping one of them in the dorms, but that was a
complete disaster) and so I don't have the dry shampoo with me.  I am going
home this week for spring break.  I will see if the dry shampoo works on
ferrets and I'll relay the name if it does.

My goodness, I just realized that my fuzzy pals have not been introduced to
my dalmations.  I wonder how THAT will go.  My dalmations are very much
hunters, bringing back rabbits and other critters all the time.  Will the
Dynamic Duo become friends of the canines or food for the canines?!  Gasp!
I'll keep you all posted.

Cheers,

College Kid and the Dynamic Duo