From:
Himberger Gerri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 12:45:51 -0800
I need to know about heartworm in ferrets.  We live in Colorado Springs,
and keep the dogs on meds for the summer, but October is the last month
given.  I have no idea about heartworm meds for ferrets, or what the dose
would be, or even how to give it- the dogs take chewables.  My ferts are
outside almost every day, as long as it is warm enough.  Also, can anybody
give me the name of a really good ferret vet in Colorado Springs?  My vet
is very good to my dogs, and I love him, I'm just not sure he is
knowledgable enough (for me) about ferrets.

Thanks.