Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 23:41:39 EDT
The baby is still alive.  His eyes are open, but his head is about a third
of his body length.  It is so tiny, I am afraid I could never ferret proof
for this one.  I do not have to worry just now.  He is just learning to
walk!!

He wobbles for a step and falls over or splays with his legs out to the
sides.  He mouths me like a little baby bird with its mouth open waiting
for Mom to put its beak in the mouth and regurgitate food.  He teethes on
a small part of my wrist or puts his mouth around my little finger.  Then
he tries to hop---and splat, he is back to ground zero.

If I leave the room and come back in when he is awake, he starts crying
like a baby.  Waaaah,aaaahhh,auuhhhh.  I do not know if he thinks I am his
mother, or just likes my warmth.

I keep him in the soft ferret bag I wear around my neck that I got years
ago at the GCFA show.  He sleeps in there while I clean litter and food and
water bowls, change papers, heat up food, pass out meds, let the cat out,
and play with the guys.  He is so tiny it looks like the bag is empty.

His cold is worse today.  His whole body wracks and contorts and moves
him backwards when he sneezes.  He sounds slurpy- liquidy.  He goes to
emergency vet tomorrow after work if he is not better, so please forgive
me if I cannot return all e-mails.

You guys have been wonderful as always.  You write and say--You probably
already know this, but---.  And mostly, I do Not know.  I thank you all
for your help.

He still does not appear able to eat solids.  But Bob C. soup once again
comes to the rescue.  I always mix it with A-D cat food {prescription food
from the vet} and vitamins E, C, and B, with flax seed ground up.  I set
the alarm for every four hours.

His coat is white or silver or gray little hairs sticking out like a fine
coat over him.  Underneath he is a soft brown.  He has a white muzzle, that
extends under his chin.  He has two white eyebrows :-) and two pink round
ears like a little mouse.

His head is so heavy, he seems to have trouble holding it up.  It is a big
squarish head.  I hold him in my hand, and he rests his head on my finger
and peers into my face.  His look is determined.  His baby jaw looks strong
and prognathic.

He is asleep now in my lap-curled up few inches of life I look down at a
baby.

Lisette