From:
"Hale, Bronwen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 10:34:47 +0100
Jen B,

I feed my ferrets raw meats and they particularly enjoy liver, heart and
kidneys.  I feed them offal type foods 3/4 times a week and in between
they have chicken wings or thighs.  They always have some dried food
available as well (James Wellbeloved and Pets At Home own brand, I'm in
the UK.) They really love their raw food, and I'm just wondering if you'd
tried feeding them raw meat?  I know I wouldn't have the time and energy
to go through the rigmarole of cooking their food everyday.

I've got a question for anyone out there that feeds their ferrets
raw foods; what amounts do you give yours?  One of my male's seems
ridiculously hungry at the moment and I'm thinking that I'll have to
feed him twice a day.  He gets a whole portion of meat to himself every
evening (eg one chicken wing) and my other two share a portion.  Hoeg
now seems to be hungry in the morning as well; he sits staring mournfully
at the fridge smacking his lips and looking pleadingly at me if I go
near.  It's getting into Autumn here in the UK and I'm wondering if the
change of season is making him hungrier.  I've only had my boys since the
spring so this is all new to me.

Thanks for any help that anyone can give me!

Bron
(owned by Otak, Hoeg and Tau)