Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 11:15:40 -0800
Rosie & Snowball
We have recently taken in a pair of female ferrets (one is a red eyed
blond ;-) they are 5 & 6 years old.  It's very unlikely that they will be
adopted, even though they are in good health.  Both have very nice coats
and are pretty frisky.

Ghost (male) & Sally
Both have adrenal tumors.  And both are part of the study that the UW is
doing (Charleen mentioned it a couple of days ago).  Ghost will have
surgery and Sally will have luperon injections.  They have been permanent
residents for a long time now and, because they are study participants,
will remain under our care.  But they too would like a foster home where
they could get more one on one attention.

Tiki
She's probably only about 2 years old and quite healthy.  We haven't been
able to find another ferret that she will get along with and she's a
"biter." We need a special person to work with her, to get past the
biting so that she can find a home of her own.

If you're in the Seattle area, and might be willing to give any of these
ferrets one on one foster care for the remainder of their lives, please
contact me.  Foster care, indicates that the ferret continues to belong
to the shelter.  That indicates that any medical care, change in living
conditions, etc. must be approved by us.

Then on to the really blond stuff!

>--Sukie (who still can't figure out why only one natural hair-color
>(blonde) that is not terribly unusual in adults is too often assumed to
>have-to-be from dye in adults when no others are... :-)

With a name like Sukie, I doubt that anyone would assume blonde came from
a dye (bleach maybe, dye no! ;-)  Following is a detailed explaination of
my joke:

I said:
"Jeeze Sukie....lighten up!  (like maybe a different shade of blond might
help;-)"

The meaning was intended as:
If you would apply a "lighter" (different shade of blond than you
currently have, whether from a bottle or natural) then you would "lighten
up".  (I don't care what YOU think.  *I* think I'm hilarious!)

Obviously you are a prejudiced blond.  You are totally ignoring red heads!
My dad had carrot red hair, my mom had dark brown hair.  I (in my younger
years) had the prettiest shade of red hair that *everyone* assumed came
from a bottle (and now it does).  And what about the red heads who don't
have freckles, everyone assumes they can't be natural either.

>Hey, it's a distraction and right now a distraction has its
>merits.  ;-) :-D )

If you can't laugh at yourself, you're taking yourself too seriously!

Sandi

Best Little Rabbit, Rodent & Ferret House
   dba House Rabbit Society
a non-profit animal shelter
14325 Lake City Way NE
Seattle, WA 98125
(206)365-9105
Open 7 days/week or visit our on-line store at:
http://www.rabbitrodentferret.org