From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 13:25:27 -0400
>From:    Betty <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Babysitting Update
>Well, last week I had some time away ... this week I was prepared for yet
>another hard task to deal with.  Today I felt I must bring up the issue
>of budgeting with the woman I babysit ferrets for.  It was an extremely
>interesting day to say the least.

Betty there are some people to whom money and its misuse, under earning,
debting, and relying on others with no intention of repaying is now
considered to be a problem like alcholism, over eating, etc and there is
a 12 Step Program for it.

You can get info about Debtors Anonymous online by typing DA or Debtors
anonymous in a search enging.

Remember until this woman is ready to help herself then there is *nothing*
you can do to help her.

Look at keeping the ferrets legally for repayment of debt for the money
you've spent on them.  Send her account to a collection agency and keep
the ferrets as collateral. If she's as irresponsible as you say, she'll
walk away cursing you, but these ferrets will be safe.

I've been in Al Anon (family and friends of alcoholics) for over 12 yrs
and Debtors Anonymous almost 6 mos.

Take what you need and leave the rest.