From:
Hillary Gorman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 1995 11:09:20 -0400
hi everyone...pardon my lurking, but i'm shy.  anyway, i'm a nurse at a pet
hospital where one of our vets sees ferrets.  i used to live in california,
where i was a pro-ferret activist, and i saw a lot of "underground"
ferrets, but here in pennsylvania, oddly, i don't usually get to see too
many fuzzies at work (our ferret doc usually works on my day off.) Well,
lucky for me, yesterday was a change for the better!  Due to a scheduling
quirk, i was on with ferret doc and our last appointment was - get this -
TWENTY FERRETS!!!!  they came in in at least 6 crates, with ramps and
hammocks of all types.  they were jumping, they were running, they were
sleeping.  everyone in the waiting room went nuts "what are those
creatures?" "aww, how cute they are!" and my favorite "did you rescue those
minks from a fur farm?" It was all I could do to clear a path through the
bystanders.  One of the ferrets was unlike any other i've seen before - he
had so much loose skin around his head, he looked like a shar-pei!  and the
names they had for these ferrets...Timex, Rolex, Bill, Ted, Chelsea,
Hannah....these ferrets had it made, I'll tell you.  I never saw a hammock
made of a baby sleeper before, but it worked great and these guys loved
them!  (the arms and legs stretched to the corners, and the zipper halfway
open - the fuzzies crawl inside and rock themselves to sleep!) Anyway, the
entire staff of our hospital decided these fuzzies made our week!  they
also got a good laugh over "ferrets are smarter" :)
        so keep taking your fuzzies to the vet - we love to see them!!!
best to all owners and weasels! hillary g.