From:
Trudi Casler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 03:00:53 EST
>The point I am trying to make is that they have not been mishandled and
>I am saddened to think that you would believe a shelter to mishandle ANY
>animal.

hmmm...the point i made was this:
"maybe they were handled wrong"!!!!

it is a shelter, right?

i dont know where the ferrets came from....im assuming that they were
surrendered or rescued or found...hence they are at the "SHELTER"...who
knows why they were gotten rid of...and better yet "WHO KNOWS" how they
were treated by previous owners!!!  how could you get anything else but
that out of my statement?

i never put the shelter down...i asked a question and gave advice on how
to break a biter...as far as where i got the biting advice...(vets, vet
school, shelters and my own expierance)...

and im glad that you called the klein branch...and where i got my
information is we volunteer...i never said that 63,000.  ferrets were put
to sleep..if you reread my email it states (in the 2nd second sentence
before the number) that "as a mom of animals and kids"!!!!  i was talking
about animals!!!  "ALL" animals...

in your statement to me "hitting ferrets"...I NEVER SAID THAT YOU OR
ANYONE AT YOUR SHELTER" hit, slapped, or abused the ferrets in
anyway...again all i did was give the shelter advice on how to train a
ferret who bites...as you stated in your letter tome "YOU ARE A NEW"
shelter...you know i get advice everyday..i welcome it...i always listen
to it..i may not agree with it...and usualy i try it out (as long as its
not abusive)...if it works then i will reccomend it...the point is "YOU"
never stop learning...never!!!  it may be good and it may be bad...and
sometimes one way doesnt always work...so youtry another...based on the
information on the web site i "ASKED SOME QUESTIONS"..i "never" made a
nasty comment to the shelter or about the shelter...i asked questions and
i gave some good sound advice...you can take it or you can choose to
ignore it...as a memeber of the fml im sure that you ahve read those posts
by people who flick, slap, tap or whatever you want to call it...there
ferrets...thats what i was referreing too...i did not refer to your
shelter as doing that...what i said was that there was a club here (in
tucson) that endorses flicking, and thats why i dont belong to "any"
club!!!!  now that i have cleared this up...i mean really it was self
explanatory in the fml post...im assuming i will not be getting any more
emails from you debating this issue...i dont like it when people play with
the words that are right there in front of them...i never accused the
shelter of anything...or you...i just asked some questions and gave
advice..you know people who tend to be in similar situations or have been
there done that will give adivice to "TRY TO HELP YOU OUT"...you know just
in case you didnt know it or maybe had not ever heard of a different not
evasive method!!!

sincerly,
trudie