Date:
Fri, 30 May 2003 23:37:07 -0700
I have a story to tell and a question.  I'll try to keep it short.  My
sister and her bf got evicted.  They had a couple of cats.  Apparently,
they took them both to the SPCA.  Both cats, my mom told me, was found to
have "flesh rot" and one has a broken rib.  The one was so advanced with
it and very old so they euthanized it.  The other one, the one with the
broken rib, is in quarantine because they don't know what's causing it.

Both cats were inside cats.  So I don't know what could have caused it.
I never even heard of "flesh rot" before.  Actually, the whole situation
makes me cry.  I'm not close to my sister so for all I know, they
could've been abusing and neglecting them.  I hope the SPCA can figure
out what's going on and deal with them properly according to the law.

My question is has anyone ever heard of this and if so can you tell me
about it?  Even though this story seems off topic, I'm worried that if
my mom and sister come over that they'll bring whatever it is in on their
clothes and what not.  I'm just worried my ferrets might get it from
them.  Thanks in advance!

Angie