From:
"Linda E. Langve" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 1996 22:31:00 -0400
I'm a human owned by a Marshall Farms ferret and I was wondering how MF
operates.  I have their brochure that you get when you "register" your
ferret, but it really doesn't say more than that they are a commercial
ranch.  I know that they do breed ferrets for laboratories and that they are
a very large supplier to the pet stores around here (Madison WI).  Do they
keep different groups of jills and hobs as breeders for lab ferrets as
opposed to those breeders that are destined for the pet trade?  Can you
trace your ferret's "mom " and "dad" to a certain breeding pair or are mom
and dad just a numbered pair?  I know that a ranch can't be as personal in
its dealings with ferrets as an individual breeder can, and I am in no way
trying to discredit MF, but I am just curious as to any background
information anyone could give me on Marshall Farms.  I know I am not the
only owner of a MF fuzzie and I think we all are a little curious about the
origins of our beloved "fur-children".  Any info is appreciated.

Thank you!
Linda Langve (owned by MF fert) and Snickers (the MF fert)