From:
steve baer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 15:15:03 -0400
Betty,

Thanks for writing...I usually only check my email on weekdays, so that
is why I am responding kinda late.  To clarify things...I went back and
reread your post.  Now I admit, I guess I was a little too sensitive in
reading your post the first time...but I had no reason to read any posts
on defense, which is why I reacted on my first reaction.  I still feel
that you were informing me/everyone else with a reprimanding tone (if
words on email can have a "tone").  I was never mad or angry.  I SO
appreciate any input and advice to better help me or anyone with ferret
care.  I just had to voice how the post made me feel, since you voiced
how my post made you react.  I took it personally because you DIRECTED it
to me personally ("the poster mentioned...."), that's why.  MANY people
emailed me and said that they agreed with me and that I handled your post
appropriately and maturely.  I mentioned numerous times that I appreciated
your post.  I truly did.  I always appreciate anything you have to say on
the FML (along with everyone else), you are "ferretsmart" and lots of us
aren't.

I guess, when us firsttime ferret mommies and daddies post a question...
please, Ferretsmart people, don't assume that we KNOW that others have
already asked that same question.  We haven't been on the FML too long.
I only ask questions that I honestly don't know and have not read about
on the FML or anywhere else.  You mentioned this: "In much the same way
you want kinder words used to be spoken to, understand that for many of
us experienced ferret owners, and FML long timers that many questions are
repetitive.  Understand that when 'harsher' words are used that they may
not be intended to be harsh."  Can everyone just use kind words, I don't
even see a need for "harsh" words - whether they are meant to be harsh or
not... no matter what advice you are sending.  That's all I felt "bashed"
for...words that made me feel like I was just reprimanded.  Word choice
is very important in writing, etc.  There is no voice to go along with
it. :)

You mentioned that if I knew you, I would know that you wouldn't bash
anyone.  I know that you didn't intend to bash me! :)  I was just saying
how I felt.  From how you usually respond to people and your knowledge
and efforts in ferrets, I know that you are a sweet person.  I've read
about what people think of you, and it is all good.

Thank you also for connecting similar situations of yours to my situation.
I appreciated that.

I am very impressed with all your ferret "doings".  Now I will value your
opinions ever more! :)

Coonsie is not doing better.  Everyone else read this part, especially,
and giving me feedback is VERY appreciated.  His urine is VERY
concentrated and strong smelling and he was just prescribed with yet
another dose of ammoxicillin.  It is getting discouraged to me.  When I
get home from work and wake up in the morning my whole house smells of
potent urine.  Coonsie will literally lay in his hammock and urinate, not
even getting out.  He gets out of bed and playtime to urinate about once
a day.  But then the other times he just goes anywhere.  It isn't just
the urinating though, its pooping too.  I am starting to wonder if its
part laziness just because he knows he can get away with it because he's
sick!  But I am not seeing any improvement on the sickness/infection (if
that's what it is).  Your advice would help!  :)

Thanks again (and in advance) Thanks for clarifying things for me, it
means a lot.

Love, Jen (and Steve, Coonsie, Hunny)