Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 19:34:58 -0500
Hi,
I've been in the position of having to relocate five ferret graves from a
friend's property to my own.  The friend remarried and the grave markers
bothered her husband who wanted to remove them.  So, I just dug them up
and reburied them on my own property which I acquired afterwards.  It was
not a pleasant task, but I was determined to get all five of my guys out
of there.  Just for your information, the ones I buried in plastic
containers and superglued the lids did well.  (Some of you may want to
skip the next part although it is not gross.)

I accidentally punctured one lid when digging and I had to transport the
ferret into a new container.  He had been deceased four years and actually
still looked like the day I buried him.  No, I did not touch him, just
lifted him out by the sleep sack he was in.  So, when my precious Chance
passed away this year, I buried him in two containers, one inside the
other.  I glued the lids shut with plumber's glue.  Their graves are
decorated with resin animals and artificial flowers and each has their
own marker.  Although I hated disturbing their resting place, it was well
worth it.  I mention this because someone posted about relocating graves.

Moxie and Nexus missing Chance
remembering  Poto, Moxie, Runt, Flash, Zippy, and the Slinkster