From:
Melissa McDaniels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 00:09:33 -0500
I got an email back from the guy who says he's going to shoot his ferret
if he doesn't find someone to buy it.  He's a real jerk.  Won't give it
away to a shelter and insists on gettin $100 for her and the cage.

She's a MF, whose never been to the vett.  I told him that I could take
her if he reduced the price so I could use the money to take her to the
vet.  I won't introduce her to mine without a thorough vet check, but
being a single mom who already works as much as I can when I'm not in
class.  I don't know if I can afford the expense right now.  It's been a
tough few months at our house- but I hate living so close and not feeling
like I can help much.  If there is anyone in or near Indiana (I don't
think this guy would be willing to drive anywhere to meet anyone) his
name is Kevin and his email is [log in to unmask]

If anyone has any advice on how I can help rescue this ferret and not
potentially harm my own ferrets in the process let me know.  I can scrape
together the $100.  It'll make things pretty tight for us, but I can
juggle some of the other bills for a while until I can get caught up ...
email me if you have any advice or can help.  I really want to see this
ferret find a good home with someone who doesn't want to kill it because
it's no longer convienant for them to keep her...I haven't emailed him
back yet, I don't want to wait too long though...

Melissa