From:
April Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 18:28:39 -0400
Hi again-I just got the followup version of the FML on which this was
originally posted, and had something to add to the following followup
post:

>I dont knkow about the laws in Texas but here in PA if you have the dog
>licsence in your name, the dog is yours and you do not have to give it
>back.  My parents went through this a few years ago, they gave the dog
>back only to find out it was being abused and we did some research and
>found out that since my parents had paid for the lisence and the vet
>bills for shots they could have legally kept the dog.  I hope this
>helps you.  Maybe if you look up the animal laws in Texas it might help.

I don't know the laws where you are either, but when someone abandons a
pet here in MA, you don't have to have licensed it or paid a thing for
its care for the original owner to lose legal rights to the animal that
has been abandoned after a certain time period.  Check out your local
statutes.

-April again

"There's nary an animal alive that can outrun a greased Scotsman."
-Groundskeeper Willy, "The Simpsons"