From:
Date:
Wed, 24 Dec 2003 20:54:38 -0500
There is a shining star in the sky tonight.  His name is Brownie.  His
parents were Mick & Amy and they loved him so much his heart could have
busted!  He was originally a Utah ferret and may not have had the best
start to his life, but his parents made it all the better for him for
over 2 years.  Brownie wants me to tell them that he loves them for all
they did for him and that although he misses them and his brothers, he'll
be watching over all of you from over here.

Dagwood Singleton crossed the Bridge on Saturday and is now here with me
and Brownie too.  He wanted me to tell his parents, Matt & Kim that he
loves them very much and is always watching over them and his brothers
and sisters.  In his memory, Matt and Kim donated to our shelter through
CanadaHelps.org.  i want to thank them both for this touching gesture and
let them know it couldn't come at a better time for the shelter kids.
Dagwood is very honored that you did this for him and for the shelter
kids.  He says he loves you both.

The shelter took in a very sweet boy named Boo this week.  Mommie calls
him Boo-Bear.  He was originally in a foster home because of the lack of
room we had at the shelter.  He's not in the best of shape and his belly
is HUGE, full of tumors.  He went in for emergency surgery on the 22nd.
The doctor found a HUGE masse in his abdomen, attached to his colon.
It's not operable so they couldn't remove it.  It may be lymphoma, it may
be something called a Teratoma.  Either way, there isn't much hope for
this little guy.  We almost lost him Christmas Eve day, but he's home
with mommie now and resting comfortably.  He's still got some spunk to
him and we're all hoping we can make his last few months happy.  Mommie
is keeping him out of the shelter area to prevent him from catching ECE.
She's back to multiple showers daily!  She's sooooooo clean!

Mommie used to look up into the stars and ask Santa to bring her mommie
(my grandma) back for a visit for Christmas.  Tonight, her wish has
changed from seeing her mom to seeing our little Boo-Bear in a forever
foster home.  He may only have a few months left to live and mommie wants
the best for him.

Mommie also wishes things for Billy & Eclipse.  ECE and the near death
experience of Billy made him blind.  He will not do well at the shelter
now that he's coming back there.  Mommie wishes someone, somewhere out
there, would give homes to her little brood of sick kids.  Boo-Man, Billy
& Eclipse.  i hope someone, somewhere out there, hears mommy's Christmas
wish.

Dee & Phil now have full blown ECE.  Mommie is "gooing" them a few times
a day.  Both kids LOVE goo!  Mommie is hoping this is a good thing and
will help them get over this virus soon.

the shelter is going through some tough times this season.  They are
at near capacity and the outstanding bills at the vet total way over
$1,700.00.  i would like to thank, on behalf of the shelter and Boo-Bear
the Animal Hospital of High Park, who DONATED surgery and meds to
Boo-Bear.  It was a touching and very kind Yuletide gesture.

Aunties Gigy and Aggie came to the shelter on Christmas eve.  They had
LOADS of REAL chicken with them.  All the shelter kids got bellies full
of chicken and lots of run time.  THANK YOU!  It was a nice day for the
shelter kids and mommie really smiled when she saw that.

May you all have a merry and safe holiday season.

Love, Harley "Bug"

The Ferret Aid Society
"For The Love of Our Fuzzy Friends"
www.ferretaid.org