Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 15:10:49 EDT
Hi,

I have a question:

I took a new rescue to the vet (new vet for me, but with a great local
reputation with ferrets) last week.  I mentioned that one of mine had had
a distemper vaccine reaction the last time I vaccinated (this spring and I
vaccinate for distemper myselft using Fervac-D).

The vet believe the reason for most Fervac-D reactions is an adjuvant that
is added by the manufacturer to the vaccine diluent.  She felt that if
sterile water or saline were to be used instead of the diluent, most of the
reactions could be prevented.  She said the vaccine would still be just as
effective.

Anyone have any opinions?  Has anyone tried this?  Any vets on the list
have input?

Thank you!

Kim and now 8 ferrets (still have my husband, but the next ferret may
change that...)