From:
sheena staples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 1996 01:46:31 -0800
>From:    Kimberly Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Spring has sprung and so have the ferrets!
>I think they have lost some weight and now they can squeeze through the
>bars! ... So...off I went to get some chicken wire type stuff... twist-tied
>it on!  Hah!  I'm smarter than them right?  WRONG!  Twist-ties are no match
>for ferret teeth!

Kim,

Try what we do...twist ties are toys for ferrets, so we attached our 1/4"
drywall mesh to the cage with zap straps (cable ties) every couple of
inches.  So far, I have yet to find a ferret who can chew through a cable
tie and once they are on, they stay on.  We bought about 500 for under
$10.00 at Lumberland (the kind in the container, not in the bags).  That
should keep even Kodiak the monster escape artist (he escaped twist tied
cages when he lived here too!) and Stover, that big beautiful hunk of ferret
love, in their cages without worry.

Is there anyone on the list who lives near Brandon, Manitoba?  My SO and I
might be buying a farm near there this summer and we're just curious about
future ferret friends...

Sheena
The Wherret Ferrets Halfway House
with GVFIS, FAGV and FFCR