From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 09:35:04 -0700
So yesterday I could not find Pukka anywhere.  She had gotten out of my
room, and I checked all her usual spots-- nothing.  I was starting to get
worried, she was missing for a few hours.  I mean, I checked inside the
dishwasher, down the (sealed-off) laundry chute, everywhere.  Or so I
thought.  I went into the laundry room for something unrelated.  The
laundry room door is ALWAYS shut unless there's someone in there.
ALWAYS.  And it's a big heavy weather-stripped door, no space underneath
it (yes, she has pulled that trick on me before) and impossible to open
without opposable thumbs, especially if you are a rather small ferret.
So I'm in there, when I see movement, and who comes peeking out from a
laundry bag but Miss Pukkaluna Fuzz herself, just waking up from a nap!
The only way I can figure she got in there is by teleporting.  I have no
earthly clue how she would have done it otherwise.  Hmm, maybe they've
been picking it up from the cat.

Rachel and the monsters

=====
"Go ahead, call the cops
You don't meet nice girls in coffee shops"

                      -- Tom Waits