From:
Kevin Groninga <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Nov 1998 10:00:35 -0700
Hey gang,

We were wondering if there is anyone out there that can help us through
the process of gaining non-profit status.  We've done some research on
the internet, but trying to navigate and understand the vast amount of
instructions and information is becoming a bit overwhelming.  We're seeking
someone who has already filed their paperwork and understands the legal
process and requirements.

We would like to get our non-profit status to allow us to be eligible for a
few of the grants that businesses such as PetsMart and the Humane Society
offer.  As any rescue/shelter will tell you, rescuing ferrets is NOT a
money making proposition.  Some extra funds would certainly help to assure
that those ferrets that are in need of medical care will get it.  As many
of you know, illnesses such as adrenal tumors and insulinoma can be quite
costly and without proper medical attention are also quite fatal.  Most
ferrets that are ill and need this kind of attention will generally not be
too desirable as an adoptee and often will spend the remainder of their
lives in a shelter.  We would like to make sure that we are financially
prepared for these situations and are able to provide the best care
possible for these ferrets in need..  Extra money would also help to
assure that we have enough cages and essential supplies like food, litter,
blankets and medication in order to care for those ferrets that come into
our shelter.

If anyone has any information that they could share with us, please contact
us at: [log in to unmask]

Your help and assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Kevin & Julie Groninga
'West Valley Wuzzles!'
Ferret Breeding, Rescue & Shelter
http://www.wuzzles.com/ferrets/