From:
Cassandra Wassenaar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 2008 20:23:16 -0700
My precious Ambellina crossed the Rainbow Bridge at 11:50 am today. She
had a tumor (the doctor and I believe) somewhere along her GI tract
that was causing horrible diarrhea and discomfort. Over the last week
it grew bigger by the day. She started coughing last week, as well.
This morning I went into the ferret room to check on her and it took
her a few moments to even realize I was standing right in front of her.
I knew her time had come. I let her and her cagemate, Dorian, out for
one last romp around the room. It was more Dorian romping and Ambellina
just sitting in one spot staring at the wall. Her favorite treat was
the cat's food, so I let her eat her fill of it. I then put her into a
carrier lined with plenty of blankets. I took her to work with me (I
work at an animal hospital) and we put her to sleep. I held her in my
arms when she passed.

I only had her for 6 months as she was a shelter rescue, but she
brought much joy to mine and her cagemate's lives. I am keeping an
eye on Dorian, as he hasn't eaten since I took her in this morning
and when I let him out he wanders the room looking for her.

We love you Ambellina.