From:
Melanie Molzof <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 01:11:52 EDT
Hello all!  I have wrote in several times about Shelby Louise who had
adrenal surgery a few weeks ago.  She did have a lot of problems but
is doing MUCH better now (she is playing King Kong at this moment by
crawling up to the top of her mega-mansion).

I have been handfeeding her for over a week every 4 hours except late
night.  I was wondering; however, if she will ever go back to eating on
her own.  Thus far, when I have attempted to put the food in the cage
and leave it, she will not touch it.  She has begun to munch a little bit
of kibble but apparently does not want me to know this because she will
grab it and take it to her igloo.  Later, I will find little crumbs!
She isn't eating but a couple of pieces a day of kibble though.  I think
about the behavioral psychologists and wonder if Pavlov trained the dogs
or did the dogs train Pavlov into thinking he had trained them?!!!!  If
anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.  I don't
mind feeding by hand but it is difficult when I can't be at home at the
precise feeding time.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and
once again, thanks to all for the helpful emails regarding Shelby's
surgery.

Melanie