From:
April Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 20:09:12 -0400
Hi, all-I'm a week behind on FMLs again, but I did skim a few more today
and read one completely!

It was Finnegan's 2nd birthday on Sunday-my little fluffy man is 2!

Nicknames: they all get called fuzzbutts, fuzzy bunnies, little bears,
fuzzy monkeys, peas, beans, peanuts (I apparently have an obsession with
food), munchies, monchichis, bubbies or bubs (bub is like the "woo" in
"Wookie"), pooh-bears; the boys are fuzzy men the "the boys", the girls
are princesses.

Nicodemus, my youngest and first; chocolate/Siamese sable: Nic, Nicky,
Loverman, Nic-A-Nic or Nic-A-Nic-A-Nic, Nicky-Bean, littlest man, Mommy's
tiny boy, Daddy's baby (he really thinks Shawn is his biological
father!), Littlest

Finnegan, my first rescue; albino: Finn, Finny, Finny-Finny-finny with
a drawn-out Swedish accent (drives my hubby crazy, but Finny comes
running!), fluffy man, fuzzy white cloud, Get in!  (the litterbox-he is
my spite pooper and will stand right next to the potty and squat and look
at me!), Finnegan-Beginagain, poopy, poopy-boy, Bubba (his name when we
got him from the shelter at five months old)

Marley, whom I rescued with Renate last November; teddy bear: Mar,
Mar-Bar, Marley-Bear, gentle man (he is the gentlest ferret I have ever
met), ladies' man (he's the only boy my new girls will ever sleep with),
Lin (means "gentle spirit" in Chinese or Vietnamese), Fatty-Bo-Batty
(he's not really fat, but he has a huge asymptomatic spleen)

Shannon, whom I just rescued in August-she was found in an attic!; hooded
black sable: Shanni, Shanni-Banni, Twinkle-toes (she's a wannabe-silver
mitt with three feet having silver toes, especially so in the front)

Cora, another August rescue (same time as Shannon), her family was having
a baby and decided they would have no time for her; light sable: Cory,
tiniest girl, Littlest (even smaller than Nic!), Little Nicky (she looks
SO much like Nic that I have confused them from across the room at quick
glance), Little Nose (she has a crooked nose, which might explain why she
bit my DVM when she was terrified at her first checkup!  -she has only
bit one other time, a few days after I brought her home and was holding
her in a very crowded room-another fear reaction, and she trusts me now
and will even wrestle my hand without hurting me)

Renate (angeled at the Bridge), my first sick rescue; black hooded sable
with a very white muzzle: Ren, Rennie, Princess, Mommy's Girl, and she
was THE Pooh Bear, Jackie Chan (which is who she turned into, no matter
how weak she might be, whenever I tried to medicate her!) Incidentally,
Renate means "reborn"-she was a different ferret with me than when I
first got her from her jerk owner!

Sparkle, another sick rescue who didn't make it very long after I got her
and never got to go home to her new mommy, Julia; sable: Sparky,
Cutie-patoot (I didn't get very long to call her anything else, but she
was also a little princess!)

Anyhoo, I've taken up enough space, so tata!

-April Armstrong Campbell

"There's nary an animal alive that can outrun a greased Scotsman."
-Groundskeeper Willy, "The Simpsons"