From:
Julie Barnhill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:27:32 EDT
Sandee, I have a baby coming that way to see his family.  His name is
Quasi, and if you can make sure scooter, gonzo, tango, cash, cinnamon,
buddy, luke, tillis, and chase meet him and make him feel at home.  He
struggled for awhile, not wanting to go, but he finally couldnt go on
anymore.  He was real sick, and he was basically a miracle baby.  Got
him 2 years ago, and he was adrenal.  Took him in for surgery in Feb.,
and the dr gave him 3 months to live, because he had malignant cancer
and it was everywhere.  I cried and wasnt ready to lose him.  He was so
sweet, and would lie in my arms for hours and give kisses a plenty.  He
started to grow his hair back, and became a bubbly, bouncy un-sick baby
that wouldnt be kept down.  No more time to be held, but would still give
a quick peck or 2 and down, down, down.  He started to get sick again
this year about March, but nothing major.  The vet said that the cancer
is back, and to keep an eye on him, as his energy levels were still
skyrocketing.  He started to lose his hair slowely, and then 1 day, it
was pretty much all gone, except for his head.  I think he knew I would
be taking pics so he at least needed his hair on his head to look good,
but to me he always looked good.  We have a new neighbor and she had been
coming to check on him daily, and was getting attached.  Yesterday was
a bad day.  The 2 of us, prayed that he would let go.  She would come
and hold him, and tell him it was okay.  I would hold him and tell him
it would be okay.  Finally at 1130 pm, he believed us.  I was at my
neighbors holding him, and looked down at him, and he had passed.  I knew
it was better for him, but it never gets any easier, and was happy that
he let me be the one holding him when he did leave.

I would like to know that he has met up with his family there and that he
is doing 100% better, that he doesnt hurt anymore, that the cancer is
gone, that he is acting like he did last year.

Quasi, Mommy and Aunt Kim will miss you dearly baby.  We hope you feel
better now, and mommy sends her kisses your way, and share some with your
brothers and sister.  Tell them I miss them also, and I will be there to
see you all later.  Have fun in the meantime.

Love, Mommy
Julie