From:
Debra Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 11:33:10 -0500
Hi Everyone,
Below is a story I want to share with you all.  It was a big lesson for
me.  One was the first thing I did was to start to run "energy" into my
little fuzzbutt.  For some of you that know me personally you know that I
do energy work such as Reiki and my goal is to work with animals.  I was
a mess last night and no amount of comforting that my husband tried to do
would work.  I am learning to "shuffle" my feet around the floor now as
not to trip over or step on anyone.  Our vet was wonderful with us.  Never
ever wear shoes around your fuzzies.  The vet said that first off that
was a good thing that I did was not to have shoes on.  Here I am this big
woman almost killing my little baby due to being rushed.  Always take your
time and step lightly around "God's little creatures".  I send love and
prayers out to all of our fuzzy friends in need and even the ones that are
not in need for their continued safety.  May the angels watch over them
always.

Love & angel hugs
Debbie and her "fur crew"

We had a major trauma at our house. I mean totally knock me over trauma.

I was rushing to get the cage cushions in and wanted to clean the litter
pans.  I was cleaning poop, got up off the floor and stepped on Gabriel.
I did not know it was him right away until I did a head check and there
he was laying on the floor looking dazed.  I had fallen in the process
banging my foot and twisting my body beyond belief.  So Gabriel climbs to
the cage and just plops down and his breathing was irregular.  We called
the vet right off and she had us check him over while she had us on the
phone.  He was all dazed and confused but could walk around.  I had gotten
them up from their nap in the first place and he was tired.  So she said
keep an eye on him and make sure he is ok and she was just a phone call
away.  I was sure he was going to die but I did IET, Reiki and you name it
on him with all the tools I had.

I laid awake half the night depressed, guilty, angry at myself and I
prayed and I prayed as he was still out of it when we went to bed last
night.  Who do I see looking at me when I walk in the hall this AM but
Gabriel.  He would not give me his little kisses but wanted to go in
the bedroom with his brothers.  We took the chance to change their room
around again, take out Sarah's baby cage and clean up the room.  He came
back in the room and is back to his old self and finally gave his mommy
some kisses.

I was devastated that I had hurt him in such a way just because "I" was
in a hurry.  Taught me a lesson for sure.  Stop rushing and the stuff will
get done.  Luckily I always take my shoes off in that room.  We don't
allow shoes for that reason.  Also I did not put my full weight on him
which is another reason to get that damn weight off, less on the fuzzies
if they do get stepped on.  The vet was so good with us.  I still can't
believe it happened.  All through this I also did not realize that when I
stepped on him he must have turned and bit my foot as I have 2 fang marks
on the top/side of my left foot which is the foot that stepped on him.
What a poor baby.  My foot is all black and blue but it is clearing up
quick.  So just remember to take every day and love those little fuzzies
all you can :-).