Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 2000 19:56:35 -0500
HI!
I just signed up for the FML about a week ago, I have found information on
this list to be very helpful, I read it all every day!  I have 3 carpet
sharks,Bones who I have had for 8 years( got him at 2mo old), Snow ( he is
3 yrs old) who was given to us when he was 9 mo.  old ,because the previous
owners smacked and shook him,when Snow bit the man's nose and drew
blood(GEE, I WONDER WHY?), he told his wife if Snow was still there when he
got home from work he would kill him.  Of course the wife knew that her
boss' daughter had a ferret, brought him to work and he was brought to me
by my stepmom.  Took a long time, but with LOTS of patience and love Snow
doesnt chomp anymore!  Cleopatra is my baby girl,just a year old, sweetest,
attention loving girl!Given to me because a man couldnt keep her.

I was wondering if anyone has had a ferret with kidney stones.  Bones just
came home a week ago from his 2nd surgery for stones in the past 2 yrs...
he is on S/D C/D and has been since the first surgery.  My vet has only
limited experience with ferrets, but Bones comes home from the vet and has
done so well both times.  In a few days he would always be ready to play
.(favorite-crinkly plastic bags!) But since we have limited info I wondered
if anyone has had this problem with their furries, about the diet they are
on and which treats might be safe,(although when I bring out his
antibiotics he wants more and more...)

I did the gate yesterday with the acrylic see-thru plastic that slides in
and out of the door.  Thought it worked great this morning when I first got
up.  But I guess the only reason they didn't get out is because we were
asleep....15 minutes after patting myself on the back, I was in the shower
and who joins me?  Snow, of course!-and I thought Cleo was the great escape
artist!

I also wanted to say that I personally want to hear the updates from Randy
about the teeth clipping!  I cannot believe the ignorance that could cause
a person to do something so terrible -then have the nerve to ask for the
ferrets back and expect to get them!  If some people do not want to read
"the descriptive animal abuse" they dont have to...but some of us want to
be updated.

I would like some new ideas for toys for my furries,I would like to make a
list for my site I'm working on... and of course my furries would love new
ideas...thanks!

Micaela
  &
Bones  (love my meds & plastic bags!)
Snow (mom cant make a ferretproof gate!)
Cleopatra (teaching older Snow some new tricks... on escape 101)