From:
Leeanne Pallazola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 14:45:30 EST
Dear Sue,
In regards to your insulinomic questions.  I have a 5 1/2 year old
female named "Fenway" who was diagnosed in Nov. 2002.  My story is almost
exactly like that of Karla and "Daisy's" experience.  Same symptons,
although Fenway has not crashed..thank goodness.  She is on prednisone
once a day and if symptons get worse, it increases to twice a day.  No
surgery expected as of now.  Meds are working and her high protein diet
which consists of ground Totally Ferret kibble, some warm water and the
baby food.  Mix them together and microwave for about 10 seconds until
warm, she gets this twice a day.  She loves the Chicken, Beef, Lamb, Ham
and Veal all which have NO sugar and are high in protein.  Fenway stil
sleeps a lot but is more energetic when she is awake.  She has gained
weight from both the pred and the new diet.  Her Blood Glucose is checked
every 8 weeks at the vet.  So far everything is working in her favor.  We
know at some point surgery will come, but we will try everything before
it becomes a must.  Hope this helps.

Leeanne and Fenway