From:
christine belsom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2002 10:07:53 -0700
So here's the deal.

Mab has this thing with the coffee table.  She will get up there if
it's the last thing she ever does!  We've moved it, we've taken all the
interesting things off of it, but to no avail.  It's so far away from
the couch that James can't even put his feet on it.  So it ain't all
bad.

Mab is a prodigous jumper, though.  We've tried loud "No"-ing, water gun
squirting on the bottom (which is actually quite entertaining, etc.
Sometimes it works.  But let me tell you, when I get her and scruff her
and give her a loud NO, she patiently waits for release and then she
dances away, chuckling.  (I am careful not to play with her for fear
it would encourage her to do bad things to get attention.) She's the
happiest ferret I've ever seen who had just been "disciplined".

Anyone else have a ferret who does this?  I used to have one who would
"bitch" at me when I scruffed her.  Janis always acted like I was HER
pet. :P   I've never seen one who was happy about it, though!

-christine
Mab
Dustbin