Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 2006 04:41:35 -0400
As for Pet Supplies Plus boycotts, the PSP was started in Michigan and
none that I know of sell ferrets. They are franchises, as someone else
stated. The store in question, you should report them to the USDA
continuously, complain to animal control, etc., and people can boycott
THAT store but to hurt all of the PSP's is probably not fair. The ones
in GR and Lansing are the most humane stores, for both their birds,
rats, mice, and fish, that I have ever seen. The worst ones are/were
Curious World....ick....many a dead animal in those stores.

Another thing has me worried - a new banner was up at the Petsmart. It
is a huge banner with all the pets they sell. On it, is "the ferret!"
and it says that their average age is 5 years! What a crock! Now, one
of the largest chains of pet store is telling people that they only
live to 5 years. So now, when the ferret gets sick of insulinoma or
adrenal or cancer, that myth can be perpetuated by "they only live 5
years". Yes, Petsmart has a lot of nice things about it, especially
their cat adoption program instead of selling kittens, but if they
honestly start selling ferrets - I will scream.