From:
Phillip & Tonya Lemmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 00:31:35 -0700
Hi everyone!  My name is Tonya and I have one ferret.  His name his
Tweeter.  I was told to come to the FML because there are other military
families on the list.

We just got military housing a month ago and until that time we had no idea
that ferrets are not allowed on military bases.  The regulations were made
in 1988 and it list ferrets as "zoo animals." I am working on a ferret fact
sheet to send to the commander here at our base.

Can anyone who is in the military tell me about their experiences?  If we
are caught with Tweeter we will lose our house.  They allow cats, dogs, and
fish.  They also say in the regulations small caged animals are allowed,
but no hamsters, gerbils, mice, etc.  So what are small caged animals??

I think its time that the military change these regulations.  Ferrets are
not zoo animals.  I would really like to here from others on the topic, and
I will take any advice you can give.  Thanks!!

Tonya