From:
Flemming Farms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 16:29:44 +0800
>From:    Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Sick Ferret, Two Pole Pumpkin, Registries, Silica based litter
>Amy wrote about registries:
>This has been done several times over, and never really seemed to
>work/last.  Personally, as most of mine are shelter ferrets, and have
>limited or no history, I couldn't be bothered with the paperwork.  In
>fact, I would think anyone who wasn't breeder couldn't be bothered.  There
>would be no benefit to it, other than maybe breeders IMHO.  Most breeders
>keep decent track of their lines anyhow, and most ferrets from private
>breeders come with pedigrees.  I would imagine there are some folks who
>would be interested, but I don't know if it would be enough to make it
>worthwhile.  Sorry.

No sorry about it, Anne.  That is your opinion on the topic and that is
fine! <g>   That is why I asked.  My idea for the whole thing really is
*not* to just provide pedigrees.  I want to track genetic problems,
colours, health, etc.  Not only in privatly bred animals, but in resuces
and large farm ferrets (MF/PV/3F/etc).  Why?  Because I think this may halp
unlock a multitude of doors in problems.  The data would be in one place
for compiling data and with so much info (hopefully) maybe we can find
things out about the species.  Again, that is why I asked - to see what
the GP wants - or does not want.

You say that you are not inclined to turn in paperwork ... what if it was
a yearly thing (like a medical update) and it cost you nothing by postage?
What if you got a newsletter in return and other freebies or discounts?
Would it be worth it then?

>From:    "Long, Katharine" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Benadryl
>... According to the bottle, 1 teaspoon contains 12.5mg of diphenhydramine
>HCI.

Ok - I cannot get an antihystimine with just diphenhydramine in it.  Is it
safe to give ferrets a liquid antihystimine with a combination in it?

Thanks!

Amy Flemming
Flemming Farms
Perth, Western Australia