From:
"Butts, Jennifer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 12:08:40 -0500
Hi everyone.  My girl cancer and of course I am trying to do anything and
everything possible to keep her healthy.  I recently read that cancer
patients (both people and animal I believe) should eat a low carbohydrate,
high fat diet, because the cancer can more easily "feed" off of carbs more
than fats.  That is why I was very excited when I read about the chicken
gravy (and thanks to everyone who let me know about eggshells and meat
grinders).  However, when I brought my girl in for chemotherapy on Tuesday,
I asked my vet about this type of diet, just to double check with her.  She
told me that Hill's makes a food designed for cancer kids, called n/d.  So
I looked up the info on the web and called the company; it seemed like a
really good product and had all the right ingredients and percentages to
meet the nutritional needs of a ferret (even though it was designed for
dogs).  Well, I bought a few cans and the pickiest girl on this earth
actually liked it!  So, with all this rambling, my question is has anyone
tried this food and if so what are your thoughts and opinions about it?
And if anyone wants any more information about it I can give you the web
address, which is pretty informative.  Thanks.

Jenna