From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 08:47:44 -0400
We use a Hav-a-heart live trap for the occasional mouse that gets into our
house.  We then take it to the McDonalds about 2 miles away and let it go
near the dumpster.

If you catch mice in live traps, you must release them AT LEAST a mile
away or they will just find their way back!

Mouse story: A couple months ago I noticed the food dish I keep in the
kitchen was completely cleaned out in the morning.  I couldn't be sure
Buttons hadn't eaten it all before bedtime, so just refilled it.  The
next night I made sure it had food in it before going to bed, and in the
morning it was again cleaned out.  Next night I left a live trap by the
dish with a couple pieces of food in it for bait.  That morning a very
angry dark brown meadow mouse screeched at us from his cage (most mice we
catch are very passive and quiet).  We relocated him to McDonalds where
the supply of french fries is endless!

Linda Iroff
Oberlin OH