From:
Sandy Repper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 19:52:26 EST
Here is something that helped my ferrets get used to nail clipping,just
carried it over from the cats.While holding your fuzzy and feeding them
their favorite treat,play with their toes.Hold the toes like you would
while clipping.After doing this as often as possible for a week or so,the
transition to clipping nails is easy.Keep doing this while occaisionally
clipping nails.Soon you won't need a treat.Mine look long suffering,but
hold still wth no treat and one person clipping.

About those loose ferrets,they are growing in number.Someone has to teach
them some morals.....what?  Oh,mine run around loose most of the time also.
Only when company comes over and there is danger of being stepped on do I
close them in the bathroom.They put themselves to bed in their room,and
come out to play or when they hear something interesting.

I have a song for all the hard working shelter people out there,it's Take
Good Care of my Baby.Don't even need to change many words.I'm so glad they
are there.That what if one of my babies gets out fear isn't as bad,at least
I have hope they'll end up someplace safe.

For Dookless in Seattle,sorry don't remember where they were,and I couldn't
resist.My guys don't dook much either.My old man cried all the way home as
a kit and then never made much noise again.Only when they wrestle do they
make any significant noise.Taz used to dook when I took him out of his cage
as he was integrating,but now that he's out all the time I don't hear much
from him.Jasmine only dooks in the hay barn.For a while I thought they were
dook impaired,but have decided they're just happy and have nothing to
complain about.

If anyone wins the grand prize from the story contest,say hi to my good
friend Daphne Negus when you go to Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Utah.
Have known this lady for 20 years at least,you'll like her.We bred the same
type of cat for years,and have shared a few laughs.Take care of those funny
fuzzbutts.Give them a hug for me.

Sandy & Wonder Wuzzles