From:
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 22:38:27 -0800
Greetings All.

Well I got in to examine the ferret today.  I spent an hour playing,
cuddling, and doing the regular routine, nails, ears, shots.

He is approx 1.5 yrs to 2 years, MF, has mites, but a real sweet doll baby.
He was happy to be cuddled.

He is healthy, alert and loves attention.  He also needs a bath.  The white
on him is really dingy.  NO WHERE ON THE FERRET IS THERE ANY BLOOD STAINS,
OR CRUSTING BLOOD.

I spoke to the animal control officer who picke up "Frank the Ferret" (that
is what they call him for lack of a name) and said there was no blood on the
fert or cage, he was sitting in his cage.

The head of animal control is going to approach the prosecuter to ask that
after the 10 day quarintine is up if he can release the ferret to my shelter
under the limitations that the ferret may never be adopted out, and they be
notified when the ferret dies.  I have no problem with that.

He is also pushing the issue of rat bites on the child.  I spoke to the
arresting officer and he said the conditions in the house were well lets
say, my ferret room after having 15 ferrets run around and poop for 8 hours
is cleaner.

So far, so good.  The biggest problem that will occur out of this is all the
good we have done to educate people is going to have to be redone, the other
bad item is so far there is 15 incoming ferrets in my shelter.  And not all
are altered.  Can you imagine having a male ferret for 5 years and then
figuring out you don't like a whole males attitude when he is in heat?

So far so good, I plan on making daily trips to the pound to play and check
on the ferret, and they have no problem with that.  In fact they were
thrilled that a "ferret person" didn't come on attacking them for doing
their job and was will to help them care for the animal.

I'll keep you posted.

Jean & The Zoo Crew
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter
Cleveland, Ohio