From:
"Bruce Williams, DVM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 20:50:15 -0500
Dear Erin:

>Now, I have already chosen to use Snickers as my example because she
>is the most people oriented.  I was just wondering if there are any
>precautions or considerations that I should take into mind.  If anyone
>could give me advice, all thoughts are welcome!

Make sure to take copies of Snickers distemper and rabies vaccinations with
you - if you don't have them, stop by the vets and get a copy.  You never
know what might happen - Snickers may be predictable, but your classmates
aren't.  In case something happens, you want to make sure that you can
quickly prove her vaccination status.

Also, if your ferrets haven't had ECE, which could be transmitted on
clothings or by handling, and other kids in your class have ferrets
shedding ECE - you may come home with more than you bargained.

With kindest regards,
Bruce Williams, DVM