From:
Richard and Katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 18:20:21 -0400
I too was offended by the post chastising someone who doesn't own =
ferrets for offering an opinion.

The same thing has recently popped up on my Wildlife Rehab List.  Some
self-righteous person thinks that if you're not a licensed rehabber, you
have no business on the list.  I think that's a bunch of bull.  Many of us
are aspiring rehabbers and are learning a lot from the list.

Don't let this list become elitist.  Anyone who is interested in ferrets
should be welcomed and encouraged to voice his/her opinion.  After all,
sometimes "we can't see the forest for the trees".  An "outsiders" opinions
can be valuable.  If you don't like it, don't read it.

One reason I rarely post to this list is a fear of being jumped on for
voicing my opinion.  Many times, I will respond directly to the poster for
this reason.  Don't make people afraid to post and not share information
that could be valuable to all of us.  We all have enough stress in our
lives and the List should be a friendly, helpful place for us to relax at
the end of a hard day.

And, always remember, you are reading, unable to see body language and hear
the tone of voice, so it's easy to misinterpret what someone is trying to
say.

Off my soapbox now.  Two lists in two days is a little too much.

Katharine